I’m mentioning a lot of papers, online resources, and books in my talk about foundational skills for work. I listed everything here, so it’s easy to find and reference.
Cooperation: People support each other’s goals.
Collaboration: People support a shared goal.
“Leadership is all about having a point of view and bringing people along. It’s about being responsible for an outcome.”
— a wise person
Critical thinking is a process for evaluating information to form a judgement or make the best decision under the circumstances.
Online resources and papers
- List of cognitive biases
- Mental models on Farnam Street blog
- Online game “The Evolution of Trust”
- Taking time seriously: A theory of socioemotional selectivity
- Quantifying the evolution of individual scientific impact. Related TEDx talk from one of the authors: The real relationship between your age and your chance of success
- How one engineer’s birdwatching made Japan’s bullet train better
- The evolution of cooperation (paper)
- Keys to Great Writing
- The Sense of Style
- Radical Candor
- The Evolution of Cooperation
- Thinking, Fast and Slow
- Thinking in Systems (full book PDF)
- Cohen-Bradford: Influencing without Authority (full book PDF)
If you’re interested in good books in general, look at my lists of recommended books.